What you can expect from me
I am quite different from other personal trainers you might have worked with. Here’s how my approach is unique, and what to expect from working with me.
- I don’t believe in extreme fitness. That will only get you injured, and you want to be doing this for the long term. That doesn’t mean your workouts won’t offer you challenge – they just won’t be the extreme challenge type!
- I am very methodical and I like to slow things down. This might be new to you if you’re used to high intensity classes, or high energy workouts. When you slow things down, you really have the opportunity to pay attention to what the body is doing. Many injuries come from areas of weakness in the body. In turn, the body starts to use incorrect muscles to compensate
- I keep a small practice. I only work with a maximum of 7 clients at any one time. This because I care about my quality of service, and because we will dive deep into your health and wellness. I also do a lot of behind the scenes work for you between our sessions. You will not get this from a trainer who sees 20-30 clients per week.
- We stay in touch between sessions. I follow up with you the day after your workouts to see how you’re doing. You can always message me with questions.
- You get a training log with all of your workouts – TO KEEP! You get to keep everything we do together (workouts, handouts, recipes) so you can refer to them whenever you want!
- I believe in education. You will learn: why we are doing certain exercises, and why in that order; breathing techniques; proper posture and form; what muscles you are working; “good pain” vs “bad pain”
- I do what I say I’m going to do – because so many people don’t! If I say I’ll email you your workout, I will. If I say I will follow up with you on a certain day, I will. If I promise to bring a handout to our next session, I will. If you ask me a question, I’ll find the answer.
Now let’s talk about you.
My expectations of you
By signing up to work with me, you are making a commitment to change, and to improve certain areas of your life. I want all of my clients to be successful. As such, abiding by these ground rules is mandatory.
- You will be expected to make room in your schedule for a minimum of 3 workouts per week, a combination of our sessions together, and workouts you do on your own.
- You are coming to me to make changes. If you are not willing to make changes and to prioritize our work together, then the timing is not right for you to make this commitment.
- I require regular feedback and check-ins to hold you accountable. I will be messaging you the day after our workouts to see how you’re doing, and it’s important that you check in with your body and provide me with updates.
- I expect you to be accountable for your choices. I can only control what you do during our sessions together. I will give you the programs and tools to make you successful, but it is up to you, and only you, to follow them.
Sound fair? Are you ready to get started? The next step is to schedule your initial consultation.