I believe fitness is a habit.
And, just like any habit, it requires persistence, discipline, and sometimes a little push from behind, to create it.
This is where I come in, as a personal trainer. Together we will plan and strategize how to create a fitness regime that you can sustain long term, based on your unique life circumstances: that is, how to create a HABIT OF MOVEMENT without completely overhauling your life!
We will focus on uncovering what aspects of fitness you enjoy, creating goals that excite you, and of course, the other stuff too: core; posture; building strength; proper form and technique.
In fact, I spent most of my life eating really unhealthy food and not gaining an ounce: I was what I call “skinny unfit”.
I only got into fitness 6 years ago, after having my daughter, when my husband persuaded me to do an extreme home-based exercise program called P90X. We had no idea what we were doing; we were just happy to be in the game.
As we kept doing the program and the workouts, something strange started to happen. Not only did I really get into it, it became a bit of an obsession. I started becoming curious about why we were doing certain exercises, why in that order, and which muscles we were working. It bothered me that I didn’t understand.
It bothered me so much that I went back to school to get my personal training certificate. Then I started Tone Every Zone.
A couple of years later I made a full career switch, from working as a marketing project manager for a large biotech company, to focusing on being a personal trainer. I have not looked back on my decision since.
Being a personal trainer is a profession of love for me. I take great pride in the work I do with my clients, and I am grateful that my clients open up their lives to me. I find no greater joy than to see my clients succeed and make long lasting changes in their lives.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Major: Biochemistry
- Minor: English Language
- BCRPA-Registered Personal Trainer
- First Aid/CPR with AED Level C certified
Continuing education, courses & workshops:
- Breathing: It’s not just exhaling on exertion
- The physiology of inactivity
- Life coaching skills to inspire your clients
- Weight loss stalls dissected
- Why sugar is killing you
- Resistance training modalities and periodization
- All about your friend: fat
- Injury risk reduction strategies for trainers
- Nominee: 2019 “Entrepreneur under 40” New Westminster Chamber of Commerce Platinum Awards
- Keynote speaker: 2019 YMCA Fitness Day
- Award Recipient: 2019 Just Pros Toastmasters “Rookie of the Year”
- Presenter: BC Fit 2020 virtual conference
Learn more about me: