First of all, congratulations!
If you’ve made it onto my website and you are reading this bio, it means you are on your way to creating the ultimate you. That’s fantastic! Half the battle is finding the right person to work with. The other half is showing up for your sessions and working your butt off!
In this section of the website you will learn about who I am and how I started on my fitness journey. You will learn what’s unique about training with me, my values and beliefs, and hopefully by the end you will be able to make a decision whether you would like to have me as your trainer.
The first thing you should know is that, unlike most trainers out there, I was not always fit. I’m not a former athlete and I didn’t do sports all my life.
In fact, I spent most of my life eating really unhealthy food and not gaining an ounce.
So what happened? How did I go from being unfit, unhealthy and not having a problem with it, to becoming a personal trainer?
Well, after having my daughter, my hubby persuaded me into doing an extreme home-based exercise program: P90X.
Little did he know what he was starting! Not only did I really get into it, it became a bit of an obsession. We finished P90X and moved on to other home-based exercise programs. By this time people started to notice. And they started asking questions:
“How are you so fit?”
“How can you possibly look like this after having a baby?”
“What can I do to look like you?”
I really wanted to help answer all of these questions, but all I could tell them was: “We did P90X”. Turns out this recipe, as successful as it has been, does not work for everyone. Some people can’t work out 7 days a week; others are recovering from an injury; some only have 30 minutes.
All I started seeing around me were people with an incredibly strong desire to become active – they just needed a more personalized approach! Something that worked for their unique needs
And so, after exploring many options, I decided to become a personal trainer – a decision that I haven’t looked back on since!
In September 2017, I decided to quit my job in the corporate world (as a marketing project manager) to focus solely on my business.
What’s unique about working with me
Becoming a personal trainer was a career change for me and I embraced it because I found something that I absolutely loved doing. This isn’t “just another job” – it’s my passion! I am not just the trainer who shows up to a session and you never hear from them until next time. I work hard for you, and with you, to give you all the tools you need to succeed. So yes, I will spend extra time finding an answer for you, emailing you that thing, putting together a handout, brainstorming ideas, or reaching out to my network of professionals, if that means you’re better equipped to reach your goals.
- We stay in touch between sessions
- I follow up with you the day after your workouts to see how you’re doing
- I’m your resource: you can message me at any time with questions
- I will message you at various times to make sure you’re staying on track
- You get a training log with all of your workouts – TO KEEP!
- I want to empower you to work out on your own
- You get to keep everything we do together (workouts, handouts, recipes) so you can refer to them whenever you want!
- I will coach you beyond just fitness
- I believe that all aspects of your life contribute to your overall sense of happiness
- I have access to a nutritionist and a life coach to get answers to your pressing non-workout related questions
- I believe in educating you
- You will learn why we are doing certain exercises
- You will learn breathing techniques
- You will understand proper posture and form
- You will learn what muscles you are working
- You will learn to distinguish “good pain” from “bad pain”
- I do what I say I’m going to do – because so many people don’t!
- If I say I’ll email you your workout, I will
- If I say I will follow up with you on a certain day, I will
- If I promise to bring a handout to our next session, I will
- If you ask me a question, I’ll find the answer
- I am there to make your workouts fit your life!
- “I’m traveling – can I get a simple workout with no weights?”
- “I stand a lot at work. Could you build me a 10min sequence that I could do while standing?”
- “I want to move beyond the gym – can we do something in the park?”
- “I don’t feel 100% today, can we do something easier?”
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Major: Biochemistry
- Minor: English Language
- Certified Personal Trainer
- BCRPA-Registered Personal Trainer
- First Aid/CPR with AED Level C certified
- Older adult certification (in progress)
- Lover of life and all things fitness
- Body weight training
- Cardio training
- Circuit training
- Core conditioning
- Fitness Assessments
- Holistic approach
- Strength training
- Couples training
- Weight training
- Women’s fitness